Telling friends and family you’re engaged can be a daunting task, but you’ve done it! Congrats on another accomplishment! Now that you’ve told your parents and your friends. It’s time to delve into their reactions and comments and how you reacted to them.
Questions After Telling Your Family and Friends You’re Engaged
- How did your parents react? Did they sound genuine or forced?
- What about facial expressions/body language?
- What did your parents say or ask? How did you react to their comments and questions? Why do you think you reacted that way (if they had negative comments and questions).
- Overall, were they welcome to the idea of you marrying your partner?
- Onto your friends! Answer questions 1-4 again, but about your friends.
- If there’s any negative comments/questions, why do you think your parents/friends responded the way they did? Is there anything in particular about you or your fiance that makes them think the match isn’t a good one?
- Do you feel confused after telling your family and friends? Why?
- If you feel confused, maybe now is the time to think about getting premarital counseling to make sure that your fiance and you are definitely on the same page about your life goals, especially if you haven’t talked about these things already.
What’s next? After telling friends and family you’re engaged, it’s time for you and your fiance to relax and enjoy being engaged!
<<Check out other Emotional Awareness Engagement Journal Entries>>
<<Next post: Emotional Awareness Engagement Journal: A Week Later>>